The Haltech Pro Plugin standalone ECU has become a staple in the Z33 tuning market. You will find it in vehicles ranging from naturally aspirated builds to monster 1000+HP 350Z and G35 applications and doing an equally good job across the board. ECU installation is a snap, literally, as it plugs into the stock harness and has a mounting plate to install in place of the factory computer. Speed Density Tuning is Live and VE based, datalogging is available through a laptop or automatically triggered in the ecu and stored onboard for later review.
We often get the question of re-flash versus standalone and our recommendation is re-flash the stock computer for most naturally aspirated VQ35DE builds but consider the Haltech standalone once you introduce boost. Here are a few things to consider when choosing what is right for your performance VQ35DE build.
– Haltech ECU has live speed density tuning and does not require a MAF or MAF upgrade like re-flash – one less thing to buy.
– Haltech ECU has built in advanced boost control including boost by gear and stock computer has no boost control – one less thing to buy.
– Haltech ECU has onboard datalogging while the stock computer requires a laptop to be plugged in to log.
– Haltech ECU has safeguards built in such as Lean Protection, Overboost Protection, Fuel Pressure Protection and more while the stock computer has no safeguards.
– Haltech ECU has many advanced features such as True Flex Fuel Integration, Nitrous Control, Launch Control, Cylinder Trims (fuel and ignition), additional inputs/outputs and much much more!
We at Dynosty have tuned hundreds of these, so do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!
– Direct plug and play replacement of the OEM Nissan VQ35DE, and VQ35DE Revup ECUs, no re-wiring necessary.
– Uses the cars factory sensors and full CAN network integration
– Supports Nissan Variable Cam Timing Control (VTC)
– Supports Sequential Injection (peak and hold) and Direct fire ignition
– Real Time Tuning, instant hesitation free adjustment while engine is running
– Fully user definable 32 – 32 mapping
– Speed Density Tuning via Volumetric Efficiency (VE) or Injection time
– Flex Fuel and E85 Integration for fuel, ignition and boost
– OBD II Code Storing & Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Control
(Access through laptop only )
– Onboard internal MAP sensor rated to 22psi boost or use an external map sensor to go even higher!
– Wideband “auto tuning” using user definable target AFR table
– USB and CAN Communication Port
– 6 x Fuel Injector outputs
– 6 x Ignition outputs
– Drive By Wire Control preset for Nissan Throttle Body and Pedal
– Tachometer, AC Control, Idle Control, Knock Sensor, Coolant Sensor, Air Temp Sensor (via MAF or external available if removing MAF)
– Vehicle Speed Sensors (All 4 on Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35)
– Variable CAM Timing VTC
– Thermo Fans, Check Engine Light, Fuel Pump
Additional Onboard Inputs/Outputs:
– 4 Analogue Voltage inputs for sensors
– 2 Digital pulsed outputs
– 2 Digital switched outputs
– 1 Pulsed Input for flex fuel sensor direct connection
– More IO available via CAN Expansion module if needed!
– Nitrous Control
– Knock Control
– Closed Loop O2 Control
– Long Term Fuel Trim
– Decel Cut
– Over Boost Limiter
– Engine Protection for AFR, EGT, Oil Temp, Oil Pres, Coolant Pressure, etc
– Rev Limiter with selectable Fuel or Ignition cut, definable soft or hard
– Closed & Open Loop Boost Control
– Advanced Boost Control with Boost By Gear and more
– Gear Setup
– Transient Throttle Enhance
The Haltech standalone is loaded with tables if needed. You can tune for any situation with these user-definable fuel, ignition and boost correction tables:
– Flex Fuel fuel, ignition and boost correction
– Air Temp Target Correction
– Coolant Temperature Correction
– Map Correction
– Zero Throttle Gear Correction
– Cylinder Trim
– TPS Correction
– Generic Correction 1 with user-definable axis
– Generic Correction 2 with user-definable axis
– Gear Correction
– Post Start
– Air Temp Duty Correction
– Post Start Fuel and Ignition Correction
– Data Logging: 448Kb of onboard data logging, Storage for approx 40 minutes at 10 logs per seconds, 6 channels of data
– Max 20 channels logging capability
– Tune can be password protected in software
– Rugged anodized aluminum casing
VQ35DE and VQ35DE Revup Only. For VQ35HR Dual-Throttle engines, please see our Plug And Play VQ35HR Kit here!
– Manual Only (Automatic not supported)
The Platinum Pro Plug-in 350Z G35 Standalone ECU Kit includes:
VQ35DE Plug and Play ECU
Programming Software CD
Quick Start Guide